Self-motivated, highly creative innovator with cutting-edge technical knowledge and extensive design experience in print, advertising, multimedia, web and illustration. Competent collaborator/consultant within complex business/systems environments, working with multidisciplinary teams and enterprising clients from conceptualization to product integration and implementation. Adapts rapidly to new technologies, standards, and ideas and possesses strong interpersonal skills including focused listening, analytical thinking, diverse sensitivity, effective communication, and goal-driven leadership.
Comfortable with Mac OS X or PC.
Creative Thinker, Effective Communicator, Team Player, Problem Solver, Detail-Oriented, Self-Motivated, Interpersonal Skills, Relationship Building, Leadership
Web Designer / Front-End Developer / Creative Director, Creative State, Tulsa, Ok (Aug 2011 - Present)
Web Designer/Front-End Developer
- Established long lasting relationships with clients by exceeding expectations and delivering high quality products, resulting in repeat business and a high percentage of referrals
- Designed over a 100 responsive website mock-ups using Abode Photoshop and Illustrator, each with a unique user experience that were both aesthetically pleasing and reflected brand values while effectively communicating clients’ vision
- Developed and integrated customized themes into Wordpress, Drupal, Joombla, Shopify, MailChimp, and other CMS platforms with a high degree of customization and user personalization
- Played a key role in developing and executing branding and marketing materials using Abode Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, including: branding, sales kits, product brochures, trade shows, and video graphics, earning respect from team and praise from clients
- Led creative process from concept to completion and provided leadership to internal teams to improve design, development, and implementation of new projects
- Managed complex and time-sensitive projects, successfully delivering on budget and on time
- Spearheaded the development of in-house CMS and designed/developed a variety of reusable templates that saved 200 hours (80%) of development time per month
Freelance Graphic Designer / Web Designer, Tulsa, Ok and Austin, Tx (Feb 2009- Present)
Comprehensive website design business including mock-up creation, coding (HTML, PHP, MySQL), application development and customization, identity/ brand creative consulting, search engine optimization, invoice/billing, and web- site maintenance.
- Extensive collaboration, identifying client requirements, preferences, target audiences, and objectives within projected budget.
- Maintain various social networks such as Facebook, Myspace, Reverbnation, YouTube. Develop widgets to combine social networks with official website.
- Create HTML newsletters with re-usable templates and manage subscriber lists for E-mail marketing.
Graphic Artist/Web Designer, Budley Boards, Austin, Tx (Feb 2009- Present)
Budley Boards is a rider owned company that produces custom handcrafted wake skates and water sports products.
- Creative design and implementation of entire budleyboards.com web site, including two online shops, four Flash banners, various graphic banner ads, page layout, photo/video gallery, SEO and content maintenance.
- Directed art design development from concept to completion for all hard-good products and multimedia projects. Designed a variety of custom screen-printed products, such as skateboards and wake skate decks, T-shirts, apparel, gifts for the home, stationery, gear, and an assortment of speciality items. Controlled sales and storefront management of online shops.
- Collaborative relationship with CEO, owners, and customers to create vision, conceive designs, and consistently meet deadlines while maintaining a level of trust with printers and vendors.
- Achieved top ten search engine rankings for targeted phrases such as, “wakeskate” and “custom wakeskates”
Art Director/Graphic Artist/Web Designer, Winston Media, Tulsa, OK (June 2008- Jan 2009)
Winston Media is a high end Creative Web Marketing firm for clients all over the country.
- Creation and maintenance of multiple web sites and applications for corporations, non-profits and other select clients. Performed full spectrum of web-related tasks, including market research, design and layout, graphics creation and optimization, creation of Flash intros and animated banners, server-side programming (primarily PHP), MySQL databases, AJAX interactivity, standards-compliant XHTML and CSS, testing, and ongoing updates.
- Art direction, creation and complete execution of high end designs for all print/promotional/editorial related projects. Collaborated extensively with clients
and printers regarding all facets of projects including mitigating issues.
- Collaborated with a creative team of developers, project managers, and design interns reviewing layouts and suggesting improvements as needed. Provided expert analysis and input on a multitude of designs.
- Utilized various design tools and software programs (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Fireworks, Flash, Dreamweaver, QuickBooks) to implement web designs and enhance functionality.
- Involved in the art direction/ maintenance/ web design/ Flash design for site including: ashfirm.com, garrettlawoffice.com, alatulsa.org, esifootball. com, esibaseball.com, esibasketball.com, esisoftball.com, esivolleyball.com, ironwolf.com, itsvcs.com, obamascabinet.org, thisisbenji.com, ramjack.com, ramjackseawall.com, winstonmedia.com.
- Collaborated, designed, and coordinated production of a 56-page print magazine, DVD and other promotional material for the Aerostar Owners Association.
- Created innovated logos, layout designs for CD covers, stationary, and other printed materials for local musicians such as The Revival, This is Benji, Studio Westway, DJ Dilation, and Full Flava Kings.
Sr. Graphic Designer and Art Director, FN Magazine, Tulsa, OK (June 2008-2009)
Performed primary role in the design and production of a four-color Tulsa-based magazine catering to young professionals.
- Managed all phases of production, including editorial design, advertising sales, printing, and distribution. Consulted/collaborated with advertisers, writers, and photographers, working in-house and with subcontractors and printers locally and nationally.
Promoted magazine outside of office, as well as, promoted and created advertisements for upcoming events in Tulsa including the White Party V., the FN Mag “Rock Your Shades Party” and upcoming concerts at Cain’s.
Graphic Design Intern, University of Oklahoma, Norman, Oklahoma (April 2007-May 2008)
13 month graphic design internship working with the University of Oklahoma
Successfully transformed subject matter into concrete design
for promotional materials and participated in the construction of media guides,
annual reports, logos, posters, brochures, billboards, postcards, trading
- Successfully transformed subject matter into concrete design for pro- motional materials and participated in the construction of media guides, annual reports, logos, posters, brochures, billboards, postcards, trading cards, etc.
- Recognized for ability to gain knowledge and rapidly adapt to software and techniques. As a result, was asked to continue internship for another six-month term.
Bachelor of Creative Advertising in Graphic Design
University of Oklahoma College of Journalism and Mass Communications
Graduated: May 2008
Please feel free to download me resume. Yes, I am currently accepting new jobs and projects. Please contact me with any inquiries.
Graphic & Web Design